High performance polyurethane sealant, one-component, mediummodulus
- Good extrudability
- Stays elastic after curing and very sustainable
- Excellent adhesion on nearly all surfaces, even if slightly moist.
- Quick cure rate.
- Can be painted with water based paints
- Good weather and UV resistance
- No shrinkage, no sagging - thixotropic
- Expansion and connection joints indoor in the building industry: sealing of perimeter joints between window and door frames, joints between wall and ceiling
- Sealing and bonding in the building and construction industry
- Universal adhesive and joint sealant
- Expansion joints between pre-cast concrete panels
- Indoor and outdoor applications for pedestrian and traffic areas
- Substrates: all usual building substrates, treated wood, PVC, plastics, brick, concrete, ceramic tiles, metals, glass, wood, galvanized (rigid, clean, dry, free of dust and grease)
- Porous surfaces in water loaded applications should be primed with Primer
- Apply the product by pneumatic- caulking gun
- Apply sealant evenly without air inclusions into the joint
- Smoothen the joint with a finger or a spatula with the help of finishing solution
- GEL PU SEALANT may be overpainted with water based paints, however due to the large number of paints and varnishes available we strongly suggest a compatibility test before application.
- Do not use in applications where continuous water immersion is possible
- GEL PU SEALANT has a good UV resistance but can discolor under extreme conditions or after very long UV exposure
- Discoloration due to chemicals, high temperatures, UV-radiation may occur. A change in color does not affect the technical properties of the product
- Contact with bitumen, tar or other plasticizer releasing materials such as EPDM, neoprene, butyl, etc. is to be avoided since it can give rise to discoloration and loss of adhesion
- Not suitable for food contact applications.