Highly elastomeric Polyurethane modified d bituminous cold applied liquid waterproofing membrane
- Easy application by brush
- Excellent adhesion to based substrates
- Weather resistant
- Acids and alkalis resistant
- GEL Liquid Bitumen (Solvent Base) is recommended for dam-proofing and waterproofing of concrete and masonry surfaces above and basement, walls, floors, roofs, bridges, bathrooms, toilet, kitchens and other surfaces
which require a highly flexible coating
- After stirring well, GEL Liquid Bitumen (Solvent Base) can be applied by trowel or squeegee. If the material is found too thick for application, it can be diluted with suitable solvent such as thinner or xylene
Curing and Protection
- GEL Liquid Bitumen (Solvent Base) membrane must be cured for a minimum of 24hours @ 25°C before placing protection. Where damage to the membrane is possible such as foot traffic or backfilling, etc. it should be protected by a cementitious screed or protection boards
- Prior to placement of protection, flood to a minimum depth of 50 mm of water for 24 hours. Drains shall be plugged and barriers placed to contain the water.
- Stored below 25°C and keep away from sources of heat and sunlight
- Tools and equipment should be cleaned with water immediately after use.